Home The Church Notices Site Map

Our Lady and St Edward's
in the Diocese of Lancaster
Marlborough Drive, Fulwood, Preston, Lancashire

Mission Statement

We pray

We welcome

We care

Parish Priest: Canon Robert Horn
 
  
Guild of St Stephen children's liturgy baptism

Local Church History

The parish of Our Lady and St Edward's in the Diocese of Lancaster was founded in 1943 by Fr. Francis Pearson. The church, pictured here, was completed in 1954 and consecrated in 1987.

But where did people attend church before then? And were they your ancestors?
A dip into the past.

Our Lady & St Edward's Churches Together

In 1988 the parish became one of six - now nine - covenanted churches - Catholic, Anglican, Methodist and United Reformed. Members of the churches meet regularly for joint services, prayer groups, outings and other social occasions.

Left - Painting by W.E.D.Ryan of Walton-le-Dale

One of our many social activities - a parish walk Remembrance Sunday - veterans Churches Together carols 2003

A Pause for Prayer

Website launched February 2000
(visitors : 2000-2004 : over 3000)

Top