Home Notices Site Map Churches Together

Christchurch

Fulwood, Preston

Churches Together

Church of England

Christchurch, begun in 1836, is on Victoria Rd. It was designed to meet the needs of the residents of Fulwood as that area of Preston grew rapidly in Victorian times. A chancel was added in 1851 and the church consecrated in August 1865.

Its records begin in 1861, the first recorded baptism being the baby son of the Vicar. There are copies in the Bishop's Transcripts and on microfilm at the County Record Office. Births and marriages also appear in the IGI.

Top