Home Notices Site Map Churches Together

St Cuthbert's

Fulwood

Church of England

St Cuthbert's church as it was until recently when it was demolished to make way for a new building. It had its origins in St Cuthbert's school on Plungington Road, but the development of Fulwood northwards alongside the railway led to a move in 1907 to build a new church in Lytham Road. A new church was begun
in 1914 and consecrated on 25 July 1916. For the whole of its first 63 years it had only two vicars! St Cuthbert's school is now closed and children attend Fulwood and Cadley Primary School.
Its records began in 1916.

Churches Together

Top