All Masses in Church
Sunday Masses are Saturday Evening at 6pm and Sunday morning at 8:45am.
Booking for both Masses not required. Regular attendees have allocated seating.
Our welcomers would appreciate our regulars informing us in advance that they would not be attending for whatever reason, and then we could allocate that seat(s) to others wishing to attend
Weekday Masses Monday at 9am, Tuesday at 4pm, and Friday at 9am.
Mass on Sunday at 10am
Daily Mass at 9am except Wednesday
Mass on Sunday at 10:30am
Weekday Mass at 7pm on Wednesday
Covid 19 Guidance
We have carefully reviewed the current UK government and Catholic Bishops Conference of England & Wales (CBCEW) guidance (as of 9th Dec 2021) and are satisfied that our procedures are robust and COVID secure within our churches.
The following guidance should be followed by everyone who attends either Our Lady & St Edwards and St Mary Newhouse.
1. FEELING UNWELL? Please DO NOT VISIT the Church (a) if you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of COVID19 including fever, cough, or loss of taste/smell, or (b) you have been asked to shield or are in self-isolation.
2. HAND SANITISERS are available at the entrance to the Church. Please use them.
3. FACE COVERINGS that cover the nose and mouth, must be worn by all members of the congregation, unless medically exempt. If you have forgotten your face covering, please ask the welcomer for one.
5. SOCIAL DISTANCING in a place of worship is now a personal choice. People are encouraged to respect other attendees who may wish to adopt a more cautious approach. In our Churches we are adopting this cautious approach so please only sit in the seat location number allocated to you by the welcomer.
6. Attendance. Physical attendance at Mass is encouraged
7. NHS Track & Trace App. If you have a smart phone scan the QR Code on entry to church. As part of the Government’s test and trace system and the Bishops Guidance we are encouraged to hold details of all those who attend each of our services. This will help to reduce the spread of the virus and protect attendees.