Fr. Ernest Attah (priest in charge) and Fr. Mario-Benedict Ashuikeka, (assistant priest)
living at St. Mary’s Fernyhalgh. Together they serve the three parishes: St. Mary’s, Fernyhalgh, Our Lady
and St. Edward’s, Fulwood, and St. Mary’s, Newhouse.
They will be assisted by Sr Shienrose and Sr Maria Dee Lacson who are establishing a convent in Our Lady and St Edward’s presbytery.
Photo of Sr Shienrose( on the left) and Sr Maria Dee Lacson (on the right)
The parish of Our Lady and St Edward was founded in 1943 by Fr. Francis Pearson and is in the Lancaster Roman Catholic Diocese.
Regd Charity No 234331.
The present church was completed in 1954 and consecrated in1987.
As new housing estates were built the parish was split into two.
St Clare’s parish taking most of the area east of Garstang Road Preston.
Our parish situated on the west of Garstang Road now links with
St Mary Newhouse at Barton and St Marys Fernyhalgh.
Our Parish Mission Statement
We Pray / We Welcome / We Care
is further explained on other pages of this website.
Our weekly Newsletter found in the porch and on this website is an essential guide and summary for our community as it identifies opportunities for involvement in activities and events both in church, parish centre and further afield.
Our Lady and St Edward’s Primary School in Lightfoot Lane is considered a good school by Ofsted and is a vital resource for parish families.
In 1988 the parish became one of six – now eight – covenanted churches – Catholic, Anglican, Methodist and United Reformed. Members of the churches meet regularly for joint services, prayer groups, outings and other social occasions.