Weekend Masses are Saturday evening at 6pm and Sunday morning at 8:45am
Booking for Weekend Mass no longer required
Weekday Masses Monday at 9am, Tuesday at 4pm, and Friday at 9am. -NOW IN PARISH HALL
Covid 19 Guidance
We have carefully reviewed the current UK government and Catholic Bishops Conference of England & Wales (CBCEW) guidance (July 2021) and are satisfied that our procedures are robust and COVID secure within our churches.
The following guidance should be followed by everyone who attends either Our Lady & St Edwards and St Mary Newhouse.
1. PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE CHURCH (a) IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL OR HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 INCLUDING FEVER, PERSISTENT COUGH OR LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL, or (b) you have been asked to shield or are in self-isolation.
2. HAND SANITISERS must be used on entry to & exit from the church.
3. FACE COVERINGS that cover the nose and mouth, must be worn by all members of the congregation, unless medically exempt.
4. SOCIAL DISTANCING, the seating and aisles are marked to ensure that you are 1+ metres apart. Only sit in the seat location number allocated to you on booking. A one-way system is in operation.
6. All printed material. Please take home any printed material you are given on entry or exit.
Physical Attendance at mass is encouraged
NHS Track & Trace App. If you have a smart phone scan the QR Code on entry to church. As a requirement of the Government’s test and trace system we are required to hold details of all those who attend each of our services. The requirement is to hold details of names and telephone numbers for 21 days after which they are destroyed. Mass stewards hold hard copies of the booking/seating form. We may contact you if someone at your service tests positive for COVID-19.