Weekend Masses are Saturday evening at 6pm and Sunday morning at 8:45am
To book please telephone 01772 861073 for 8:45am Mass on Sundays or 01772 863084 for 6pm Mass on Saturdays
Weekday Masses Monday at 9am, Tuesday at 4pm, and Friday at 9am.
We have carefully reviewed the current government advice (January 2021) and are satisfied that our procedures are robust and COVID secure within our churches.
The following guidance should be followed by everyone who attends either Our Lady & St Edwards and St Mary Newhouse.
1. PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE CHURCH (a) IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL OR HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 INCLUDING FEVER, PERSISTENT COUGH OR LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL, or (b) you have been asked to shield or are in self-isolation.
2. HAND SANITISERS must be used on entry to & exit from the church.
3. FACE COVERINGS that cover the nose and mouth, must be worn by all members of the congregation.
4. SOCIAL DISTANCING, the seating and aisles are marked to ensure that you are 2 metres apart. Only sit in the seat location number allocated to you on booking.
5. DO NOT walk-through benches to reach your seat; All seats are at the end of benches so use the aisles and the porch. This practice makes it easier for the cleaners at the end of the service.
6. All printed material. Please take home any printed material you are given on entry or exit.
7. There will be NO KNEELING or SINGING in church.
8. There must be no mingling or socialising of different households inside or outside of the church. When you have left the church after Mass you should not associate with any of your fellow parishioners and should return home.
There is a maximum limit of people in the church which is determined not only by the seating arrangements, but whether they are part of a family or bubble. Once the limit is reached you may be asked to book a different service, or watch a live stream.
To book please telephone 01772 861073 for 08:45am Mass on Sundays or 01772 863084 for 6pm Mass on Saturdays
NHS Track & Trace App. If you have a smart phone scan the QR Code on entry to church. As a requirement of the Government’s test and trace system we are required to hold details of all those who attend each of our services. The requirement is to hold details of names and telephone numbers for 21 days after which they are destroyed. Mass stewards hold hard copies of the booking/seating form. We may contact you if someone at your service tests positive for COVID-19.